Interim Assistant Director of Children’s Services
On behalf of our client, we are looking for available an Interim Assistant Director of Children Services for a period of at least 6 months from January 2022.
You will be required to:
- Assist the Director of Children’s services to have professional responsibility for the strategic leadership and effectiveness of children’s services
- Work with the Director of Children’s Services and the Chief Executive, to deliver the objectives of the statutory guidance.
- Plan and develop service delivery to contribute to the council’s corporate priorities and to the priorities and recommendations of the Children’s Trust Partnership.
- Support the DCS to contribute significantly to the leadership of the CCG, and from April 2022 the ICS, for children’s health services.
- Work with other partner agencies to develop and implement joint approaches to meeting the needs of children across the city.
- Promote continuous and innovative improvement and value for money within the service.
- Ensure children’s services deliver improved outcomes for all children and narrow the gap in outcomes between groups.
- Ensure performance management is embedded in the service.
- Promote equality of opportunity in relation to all the council’s functions and services
- Support with preparation to lead service transformation and redesign in response to financial pressures.