Our client, a District Council in the Midlands, are seeking an Interim Monitoring Officer to lead the Legal and Democratic Services for a period of 12 months.
- Lead and manage the delivery of the Council’s Legal and Democratic services as well as contribute to the strategic leadership of the Council
- Lead on the development of strategies and policies while championing corporate priorities and initiatives
- Provide elected members with appropriate advice and guidance in relation to the development and delivery of council services.
- To act as the Councils Monitoring Officer and specialist governance adviser
- Assist with Complaints, Data Protection and FOI matters as required
You will have
- A track record of consistent and demonstrable achievement at a senior management level within one or more of the service areas within the remit of the post
- A track record of leading, motivating and managing teams to achieve high performing and significant sustainable improvement and outstanding results
- A clear understanding of the context of political challenges facing the public sector
- Knowledge of the legislative framework relating to the provision of services in the public sector