Interim Finance Director \ s151
Competitive day rate
Our client, a District Council, are seeking an Interim Director of Finance/S151 for a period of 12 months
- To be the council’s principal advisor on financial matters and the council’s chief financial officer under Section 151 of the Local Government Act.
- Provide dynamic and positive leadership in managing the staff and teams allocated to the post – Finance, Exchequer Services and Payroll.
- Play a key role within the Corporate Leadership Team and the wider community to ensure the council is highly regarded by government, stakeholders, employees, the business community and elected members.
- be a qualified accountant and experience within a District Council
- Proven experience of successful strategic financial management, financial planning and budget preparation.
- A track record of leading, motivating and managing teams to achieve high performing and significant sustainable improvement and outstanding results.
- Experience of managing strategic relationships with key stakeholders and partners at a senior level.
- A good understanding of political processes and experience of managing politically sensitive issues and of working with officers and elected members.