- Manage the division, ensuring that the development and transformation of services meet the new budget envelope, and that the financial strategy is delivered
- Advise members on the strategic direction of the council’s sustainable community services and ensure that policies agreed by the council meet statutory requirements
- Deliver the council’s corporate climate change and net zero ambitions
- Maintain and improve the public highway including, ensuring that the highway is managed and maintained in line with the Highways Act
- Effectively manage and maintain the councils 127 parks and open spaces
- Act as the council’s Strategic Lead Officer for the South London Waste Partnership
You Will Have:
- Demonstrable experience of leading at least some of the following services at an Assistant Director/Director or Executive Director level:
- Environmental, grounds maintenance services, parks and open spaces
- Waste, recycling, refuse collection and Street cleansing services
- Transport and Highways services
- Regulatory Services (Trading Standards, Food Safety, Noise, licensing)
- Experience of delivering diverse and complex capital programmes
- Experience of managing high value contracts and skilled a contract management and negotiation
- Strong political skills with experience of dealing in a complex political environment
- Strong skills in financial and budget management and experience of dealing with large scale revenue and capital budgets.
This role reports into the Corporate Director Sustainable Communities, Regeneration and Economic Recovery. It is a hybrid role with a minimum 2-days per week in office required, and will run for approximately 5 months. Their expected day-rate is £750, inside IR35.
Due to the high volume of applicants, we are unable to respond to every individual. This role requires confidentiality and a full job spec will only be revealed to applicants at longlist stage.