On behalf of our client, we are looking for available interim directors of housing.
You will be required to provide:
Strategic leadership for the management of:
- allocation of council homes and void management
- council homes
- provision of temporary accommodation
- services to alleviate homelessness
- private sector standards and influence provision
- tenant and leaseholder participation and consultation
- estate management.
You will also:
- Have accountability for the discharge of the Council’s statutory responsibilities in relation to meeting the housing needs of residents and that all council homes are compliant with new legislation
- Lead the development and implementation of a ten-year housing revenue account strategy
- Provide leadership of a cohesive, motivated service where staff are empowered to make decisions in an environment where it is safe to take a ‘think and do’ approach to service delivery and innovation
- Put in place rigorous training, development and supervision systems to ensure all Housing staff understand the client’s values
- Oversee the delivery of neighbourhood-based housing services led locally with tenants
- Build positive relationships with diverse elected members to balance political drivers with strategic priorities.
- Support and implement the client’s plan to harness a network of health, social care, voluntary and community organisations at neighbourhood level to support tenants
- Ensure the Council’s digital strategy fully recognises and supports the needs of residents, tenants and leaseholders
- Ensure robust performance management systems are in place that span the whole housing portfolio, focused on our tenants’ insight and lived experience as well as quantitative data and management information.
This will be for a January 2022 start for an initial period of five to six months.