Interim Director of Children’s and Families
Our client in the north of England requires a requires an interim Director of Children’s and Families to lead the department on an interim basis.
This will include:
- Championing the interests of children, young people and their families and, in particular, looked after children.
- Working creatively with partners and agencies to improve outcomes for children and young people.
- Effective management of the Children and Families Service, with professional responsibility and accountability for the effectiveness, accessibility and value for money.
- To work towards the achievement of objectives in the Corporate Plan with specific responsibility for Provider services, Early help, Field Social work, Children in Care and Care leavers.
- Be responsible for meeting the statutory requirements and regulations relating to education, safeguarding and well-being of Children and Young people
You will be required:
- To provide professional and technical advice to all service providers and support teams on safeguarding, child protection and provision for children.
- To be a champion and advocate on behalf of vulnerable children and families in the City and Looked After and Adopted children, promoting their welfare and achievement.
- To develop and implement a comprehensive placement strategy, ensuring that Children in Care are placed in high quality, residential and fostering placements where they will be safely cared for and will thrive.
- To lead on safeguarding initiatives for CYPF and take a lead role in advising the Statutory Safeguarding Children Board.
- To ensure that provision for children and young people meets all statutory requirements and provides the basis for raising standards of achievement in all areas.
- To continually improve and/or maintain the quality of all Services and be able to demonstrate this.