Interim Assistant Director of Planning
Our client, a unitary authority, are seeking an Interim Assistant Director of Planning for a period of 6 months.
- Provide strategic and collaborative leadership to services which positively impact residents and the economy
- Supports forward planning across a typical horizon of five years, scanning the external environment and anticipating the impact of external forces, policies and new funding streams.
- Shape policy frameworks and objectives for others to ensure integration across the Council, the wider public sector and the economy.
- Provide senior strategic leadership to the Planning Policy and Development services
- Manage resources efficiently and effectively, ensuring there are sufficient financial, human and other resources available to deliver effective services.
You will have…
- Extensive experience at senior level in planning and development management/planning applications.
- Political awareness and have experience of change management.
- Experience Effectively negotiating and influencing to achieve a corporate vision.
- Strong management & staff development skills and the ability to create a strong team ethos.