Our client a London Local authority, requires an interim assistant Director of Housing for an immediate start.
You will be required:
- To lead the borough’s Housing services division, working closely with the Director, ensuring that services are delivered in line with corporate priorities, statutory duties and that performance targets are met.
- To provide strategic advice to the Director, Cabinet Members, and senior managers on all matters that have implications for the delivery of the borough’s tenancy and leasehold management, and housing inclusion and support service.
- To coordinate the visible cross-departmental Council presence on the borough’s estates and wider housing stock across tenancy enforcement, caretakers, horticulture, waste
- To lead the tenancy management service to deliver great customer service, to enforce the tenancy and leasehold agreement as appropriate, and support vulnerable residents as appropriate, including the approach for the safeguarding of children and adults.
- To ensure the Housing Inclusion Service meets statutory obligations, works in partnership with wider agencies and the third sector, and delivers the relevant priorities of the Housing Strategy around homelessness and private sector housing.
- To be responsible for establishing, maintaining and developing consultation, engagement and participation arrangements for residents, utilising digital technologies
- To manage the revenue and capital budgets in compliance with technical and safety guidance and best practice,
- To ensure that the housing service has the professional and technical expertise to meet technical, statutory, and regulatory requirements, and is committed to continuing professional development to understand emerging best practice and delivery.
- To actively consider new and innovative ways of delivering services that provide high quality and good value for money. Research and benchmark to establish most effective delivery methods.