Our client, a local county in the South East of England is looking for an interim Assistant Director (Operations) for Children and Families:
The main purpose will be :
- To provide strategic leadership in the development and delivery of locally based services forinvestigation, assessment and family safeguarding services for child protection and family support services, permanence and long term children in care teams
- To forge partnerships and influence local agencies to achieve continual improvement ofmulti-agency safeguarding and family support services and high standards in externalinspection.
- To ensure effective systems and processes are in place for performance management and improvement in line with departmental and Council wide systems and requirements
- To effectively manage budget and income streams including partnership fundingarrangements to ensure quality and value for money in accordance with the Council financial regulations
- To ensure systems are in place to incorporate the views and involvement of children, youngpeople and carers into service planning and decision making
- Be a chief source of safeguarding leadership across the council and wider partnership andprovide expert advice to members, council committees and senior management teams
- To lead preparation for external inspection of multi-agency safeguarding, children looked after and early help services
- To lead on work force strategy for children’s services
This post will be until a permanent appointment has been made in the following year 2022.