We are looking for an interim Assistant Director of Housing for a Local Authority in the East of England. You will be required to provide leadership and management to a range of Council services and projects including those delivered in partnership.
- To drive performance, delivery and transformation across services within budget and to agreed objectives;
- To ensure that services meet their statutory obligations and that the highest standards of probity and good conduct are maintained at all times;
- To coordinate service delivery to ensure that the Council takes an integrated approach in all times and embraces change and innovation
- To work with Councillors and Corporate Management Team to shape the Council’s policies and strategies and ensure their effective delivery;
- To actively participate in the corporate leadership and management of the Council;
- To manage and deliver strategic and service development projects for the Council
- To develop partnership arrangements that deliver the Council’s priorities
- To lead and contribute to the Council’s emergency planning, major incident and business continuity arrangements including during incidents.
Where the postholder is also a Statutory Officer (i.e. S151 or Monitoring Officer) the duties of the Assistant Director post include fulfilling those responsibilities as set out in the Council’s constitution. Such variations as may be required from time to time without changing the general character of the duties shown above or the level of responsibility entailed. The interim will be responsible for Tenancy Services, Maintenance & Contracts (DLO) and Housing Advice.