Our client, a local authority in the north of England is looking for an interim Senior manager for Learning Improvement.
You will be required:
- To lead on the development and implementation of Learning improvement and intervention policies and practice in liaison with the Family of Schools in the council.
- To oversee intervention, monitor progress against action plans and measure the impact of teams deployed to schools and settings causing concern, in OFSTED categories of concern and performing below the floor standards
- To provide leadership to develop partnership and collaboration in local communities of schools so that improvement interventions in schools causing concern are enhanced and schools collaborate to support each other on a range of improvement issues.
- To liaise with external associate organisations e.g. NCSL, NLEs Training Schools to secure bespoke interventions and broker external advisers, consultants and specialists to support specific interventions in schools and settings, including Governor Support.
- To secure the contribution of the team to the County Council’s Strategic Plan, the Education & Skills Service Plan and such other plans concerned with learning improvement.
- To provide advice and support, as required, to providers seeking to develop Free Schools or to convert to Academies
- To represent the Executive Director, in liaison with the Assistant Director Education & Skills, in the appointment process for headteachers in order to secure the best possible appointment.
- To contribute productively to the Directorate’s extended management team.
- To ensure that the Division is at all times pursuing good individual relations and fair personnel, health and safety, equal opportunity and management practices. To take reasonable care of your own health and safety.
- To enhance the Council’s image within the community by promoting awareness of services and achievements and encourage greater public participation.
- To undertake such other duties and responsibilities commensurate with the grading and nature of the post.
This role will be for a period of 12 months with a possible extension and will prefer to consider candidates on a fixed term contract (negotiable).