- Have overall managerial responsibility for the Parking Services Finance Section, and ensure that it is adequately resourced
- Be the lead officer for Parking Services in financial and performance management, with particular responsibility for budgetary control, review, analysis, and outturn forecasting
- Identify the need for, develop and maintain systems and procedures for the provision of comprehensive finance, customer care and performance data for the effective business management of the Parking Service
- Play a pro-active role in ensuring effective communication with the public and councillors and to represent the Section at meetings with Councillors and outside agencies
You Will Have:
- Detailed knowledge & experience of closing the financial accounts for a Local Authority, including liaison with Internal and External Auditors
- Knowledge of principles, practices, policies and procedures relating to business planning and financial and organisational management
- Ability to manage a range of projects through to completion
- Previous management experience including staff supervision, development and organisational skills
This role is running for a period of 6 months to cover maternity leave, with an expected day-rate of £400. This is a hybrid role with required in-office attendance 3 days per-week.
Due to the high volume of applicants, we are unable to respond to every individual. This role requires confidentiality and a full job spec will only be revealed to applicants at longlist stage.