Director of Advocacy and Communications
In this senior role you will demonstrate why participation and deliberation are essential features for a healthy modern democracy and ensure that those in positions of power understand and support their use. This is a significant appointment requiring an outstanding track record of developing and delivering effective campaign and advocacy plans, along with experience of working within government systems or influencing the policies of government agencies, private sector organisations or donor organisations.
With highly effective communication and interpersonal skills, you will be personally credible, persuasive and foster excellent relations. With a natural ability to secure trust and confidence at the highest levels, you will also bring essential media savvy. Through your knowledge, experience and personal impact, our position as a leading voice in the democratic reform space will be further underlined.
To make an application, please click on the apply now button below, with the following prepared:
- your CV or equivalent biographical information
- a covering letter (3 pages max) that sets out:
• your motivation for applying for this appointment
• your suitability based on Part One of the Person Specification
• your initial thoughts on the state of the democratic reform sector and how Involve could help to take it forward.
- details of two people you have worked with previously who we could talk to at shortlist stage (with your permission).
Closing date is Monday 12th April 2021.
Longlist interviews by zoom are likely to be held in week commencing 26th April 2021.
Agreement of the final shortlist will take place on 3rd May 2021. Informal meetings or telephone calls will follow confirmation of the final shortlist.
Formal interviews for shortlisted candidates are expected to take place in early to mid-May 2021. The day may also include informal sessions with key staff and stakeholders. Whether the interviews are held remotely or in person will be influenced by the prevailing laws and guidance around lockdown.