We are working with a unitary council located in the south east to secure them an Interim Service Manager – Adult Social Care for 3 – 6 months
You will lead a team providing Care Act Assessment, Mental Capacity Assessments, Safeguarding Screening and Investigations and quality assurance/compliance services within Adult Social Care. You will work with team managers, to lead and support the successful delivery of a coherent set of commissioning activities that ensure effective planning, implementation and review of activities encompassed in the commissioning cycle.
This role will support the Transformation Programme and contribute to joint commissioning arrangements as you emerge working with colleagues in the ICS and wider NHS system as appropriate.
You will have:
- Extensive experience in management/managing and motivating teams with varying roles and responsibilities.
- Educated to degree level standard (or equivalent).
- A professional Qualification in Social Work
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant legislation frameworks, guidance and policy context relating to Adult Social Care services and an understanding of how data is captured and used to manage performance and report to external government bodies.
- Ability to understand, interpret and produce complex information such as Information Strategies and Business Operating Models
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to effectively communicate at all levels of the organisation and across directorates, outside agencies and private companies/software suppliers internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong team player with the ability to negotiate or influence change diplomatically.