Interim Assistant Director of Finance
£74,000 per annum on a six-month fixed term contract
We are searching for an Assistant Director of Finance for a confidential charity.
In this role you will be at the heart of a new strategic review of the client’s activities, ensuring information, analysis and design are aligned with the organisation’s finances and management performance.
You will be a qualified and experienced finance professional, responsible for leading the finance team. You will report to the leadership team, Trustees and liaise with key stakeholders including internal and external auditors.
In addition, during this period you will lead a programme of reviewing policy, process and systems in the finance team on the client’s journey to become a “well managed organisation”. Leading on the preparation and dissemination of annual budgets, strategic financial modelling and statutory accounts and reporting. You will work directly with the Chair of the Finance Committee to prepare budgets, financial reporting, and forward planning.
Key Role Objectives (you will ensure that):
- The charity will effectively balance expenditure and income and remain financially sustainable over the long term
- Robust financial planning and reporting will underpin all activities
- The charity will meet and exceed its financial regulatory obligations and publish timely and accurate financial information
- There will be a higher level of financial capability and confidence across the charity.
Key Role Responsibilities:
- Management of the year-end audit process and preparation of annual statutory accounts compliant with the regulations for companies and registered charities.
- Preparation of management accounts and associated forecasts, undertaking analysis, reporting and long-term financial planning to CEO, leadership team and trustees
- Provide sound financial advice to the CEO, leadership team and trustees and proactive business partnering across the charity in order to facilitate cost-effective delivery of the charity’s vision, mission and goals.
- Develop and maintain financial systems, procedures and internal controls.
- To play a lead role in organisational change; helping to achieve best use of resources to achieve their charitable aims.
This role will report to the Director of Corporate Services, on a six-month fixed term contract until January 2022.